Indorse (IND) Dev Update — 13 August 2017
It has been a great last few weeks preparing for our token sale, meeting new people, travelling around the world. Along with community building and spreading the word about Indorse, we were also continually focused on building our product. Over the last few weeks, our focus has been mainly two fold
- Preparing all the tech for the token sale — this includes the Smart Contracts, the web app, landing page, etc
- Working on a POC for the Anonymous Inodorsement Protocol (AIP)
Moving forward, since the token sale is in progress smoothly, and we have already hit the minimum, our immediate concern is to ramp up the development team. The plan moving forward is to have a core team, and a couple of developers in Singapore, while building satellite offices in Pune, India and London. We have already set in motion the efforts to start hiring in these two locations.
If you’re a developer and want to work on a game changing product and technology, you can get in touch with us through our Slack channel at https://joinindorse.slack.com
As far as the token sale is concerned, I think we have delivered good Smart Contracts, website, etc and made sure that everything we did was safe and secure. Also, as per David’s previous post, we have tried to make our token sale mainly community focused. As we have been saying since the beginning, the purpose of this token sale was not just raising Ether but also bootstrapping a user base for Indorse.
In the case of the POC, we have open sourced our code at https://github.com/indorseio. You can find the code of our app, the Smart Contracts for the Pre-Sale and token sale, and the code for the Anonymous Indorsement Protocol [AIP] in these repos. This is the video of the app in use —Indorse POC Demo
This is an invite-only app, and we are presently opening it up to our advisors and some other people from the community slowly, in batches. The main motivations behind releasing this POC are —
- To demonstrate how the Anonymous Indorsement Protocol (AIP) works in real-life, according to what we have envisioned
- What sort of skills and proofs do people put up with their claims
- What is the user feedback regarding this process
- What is the minimum/maximum pool size for the Indorsements
- What is the optimum timing for the registration and voting phases
We hope that opening up the POC to our community would help us answer these questions in an empirical manner.
What NOT to expect in this POC
- A finished product which looks like LinkedIn or other social networks
- Ability to create profiles, add you friends, etc
- Ability to get paid (since this is not on the main net)
What to expect in this POC
- Ability to create claims and add proof elements
- Ability to vote on other users’s claims
- It might have a few bugs. We would really appreciate if you would let us know about those bugs in our Slack channel. You can join our Slack channel at https://slack.indorse.io. If you’ve registered already, log in here: https://joinindorse.slack.com
You can download the Indorse whitepaper or learn more about the token sale at https://indorse.io
Announcing the Indorse migration from Slack to Rocket Chat
Indorse will be migrating our community communications platform to Rocket Chat, an open source messaging platform. We are making this move along with other well known ethereum projects such as Aragon, Golem, OmiseGO, Decentraland and others.
This is a joint effort by different projects participating in the migration plan. Projects came together as members of the same ecosystem and community to work on this plan to find an alternative that fits the needs of cryptocurrency projects.
Projects that will be migrating together as a part of this effort are:
With the ongoing slack scams and refusal of slack to address the problem, we, at Indorse, have been looking for alternatives. Based on our evaluation of various products, Rocket Chat seems to be the best option.
We plan to migrate to rocket chat over the next couple of weeks. Till then:
If you get ANY Slackbot or a Direct Message from ANYONE regarding Pre-Sale or Token Sale, *IGNORE* it. No one from Indorse will send you any ETH or BTC address on Slack.
Do NOT click on any Myetherwallet link you get through Direct Message or Slackbot. That’s definitely a scam.
Also, please note that Airdrop recipients do not need to do anything to receive the IND tokens. Please ignore any slackbot or other posts asking you for your private keys. We will never ask for your private keys.
Don’t fall prey, be careful. Stay safe!